The Blues and Royals Association was formed in 1969 following the amalgamation of the Royal Horse Guards ( The Blues ) and the 1st Royal Dragoons ( The Royals ).
The Household Cavalry Armoured Reconnaissance Regiment undertakes a vital role in modern warfare - not too long ago the Regiment was in action in the Falklands War; more recently they played a part in both Gulf Wars, and (latterly) have seen deployments to Afghanistan.
The Blues and Royals
The aims and objects of the Association shall be the promotion of the efficiency of the Regiment, known as The Blues and Royals (Royal Horse Guards and 1st Dragoons) by all or any of the following means: –
- By maintaining contact between past members of the Regiment, The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues), and The Royal Dragoons (1st Dragoons) and serving members of the Regiment by notifying of activities, deaths and illness of members.
- By circulating information concerning the Regiment and the advantages of service therein and encouraging desirable candidates to enlist in the Regiment.
- By assisting members, when requested, in obtaining employment
- By granting temporary financial assistance for the relief of members or their dependants, who are in need. Non-members of the Association, their wives, widows or children and other dependants in distressed circumstances may also receive temporary assistance at the discretion of the Committee.
- By arranging an Annual Dinner at which past and present members may meet.
- By care of the graves of members of the Regiment and previous Regiments, who have fallen on active service.
- By providing financial support for the production and distribution of the Regimental Magazine.
- By undertaking or entering into any activities for the furtherance of the above aims and objects.
Membership and subscriptions
All Officers, Warrant Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Men presently or formerly serving with the Regiment or previous Regiments, and all those attached or formerly attached to the Regiment or previous Regiments are eligible to become members of the Association. To apply, please complete and return our Application Form.