Half Term Open Day – Thursday 17 February 2022
Your family is invited to Horse Guards this Half Term.
Pre-booking is required; tickets are limited, so book now: https://householdcavalry.co.uk/museum/visitor-information-bookings/
Bring the whole family to the Museum on Thursday 17 February and meet some very special Household Cavalry Regiment members.
- and of course… horses!
We’re offering 5 opportunities to go behind the scenes and meet our wonderful Regimental family, at: 09.30am, 10.45am, 12.30pm, 1.45pm, and 3pm. Each session is 75mins and we recommend arriving at least 5min early.
Make a day of it and book as many sessions as you’d like. Each one will give you time with the soldiers and that all important time with the horses.
Not only will you be able to meet the horses, but you will also learn how to:
- Make a saddle and the leatherwear used by our Regiment
- Care for our horses’ health
- Change a horse’s shoe
- Make our beautiful uniform unique to every wearer
You’ll also be able to:
- ‘Ask a soldier anything’ in our fun Q&A session
- Do a find & seek trail around the Museum
- Take away colouring in and activity sheets to enjoy at home
Why not link your visit to our daily:
- Mounted Guard Change on Horse Guards Parade (11am)
- Garrison Inspection in the Front Yard (4pm)
Bookings can be made here, now:
Huge thanks to Sergeant Rupert Frere RLC for the gorgeous family photos. Practice your poses now for your own selfies on the day.